A Note from Opportunity Village President & CEO, Bob Brown, in regards to COVID-19 for OV Staff Members:
As a community organization, we have the honor and responsibility to care for people. The OV Way dictates we make meaningful connections and are vigilant in service. When there is a public health concern, we must be serious in our response for the people we serve and our team members.
Every employee is important and so is your health. We are working diligently to keep the people in our spaces safe. We increased cleaning and disinfecting practices, decreased tours, and decreased non-essential volunteer groups. We are continuing to monitor the situation and will remain thoughtful in our response as a community service organization.
Reports about the Coronavirus COVID-19 detail an increased risk to people with underlying medical conditions, the very young, and elderly. While these reports can be alarming, it is recommended we remain calm and incorporate best practices into everyday activities. Every employee is encouraged to remain aware, practice hygiene, and coach the people we serve to do the same.
Here are some of the CDC’s recommendations:
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
– Stay home when you are sick.
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
If you are sick, please inform your supervisor and seek medical attention. If you are not ill, we need you at work. The people we serve are counting on us to care for them and enhance their quality of life. Without you, we are unable to ensure the care and safety of people who have the most significant needs in our community. If you have questions, please reach out to your supervisor. We will continue to communicate as the situation changes.
Thank you for all you do to safeguard and care for people.
Bob Brown, President & CEO